Sunday, April 3, 2016

I've Been Bullied

I am Shawnee Thompson and I have been bullied. In third grade I was hit multiple times in the side. When this happened to me I decided to hide my pain and forget it ever happened.
When I made it to ninth grade I got texts telling me I was not good enough for anyone. The texts told me I would never be loved, and to also go kill myself. One of my good friends took the text to my vice principle. The texts stopped. About two weeks after the texts stopped, but other students started to bully me. They told me the same things the texts said and many other inappropriate things.
I had started to cope with the pain by causing harm to myself. My parents soon found out and sent me to a hospital for intensive therapy. While in therapy I learned many ways to build up a resilience to bullying. Since I have gotten out of the hospital I have started to help other people. One way I feel better about myself is to help others. I started a platform called Enough Is Enough - Get Tough or E.I.E.G.T.
The slogan goes like this, "Be a teammate by joining Team 8, and help stop bullying."
I have started to do public speaking on this subject to help other people and prevent bullying or at least help them to find peace and safety after they have been bullied. So I'm starting this blog. In doing so I hope to be able to help others and lift people up that feel like there is no hope. I want to provide light at the end of the tunnel for other people. This blog is part of my strategy for helping others and for helping myself. I hope to blog once or twice a week as I continue to learn things that can help others in the same situation. My plan is also to make this an outlet for anyone suffering from this plague, share ideas, share healing tools, sharing healthy ways to deal with stress. Please check back often and check the accompanying Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Team-8-Stop-Bullying-484260378438568/?ref=bookmarks
Please join me in being a Team E.I.E.G.T Teammate and help stop bullying.     

7 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. This is an awesome idea. You are a great example to so many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Kent,
      Thank you for all of your help and support in making me better!!!

      Delete
  2. I am so proud of you Shawnee. You are a great strength to many teens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you Shawnee. You are a great strength to many teens

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a feeling this is going to be pretty gr8!! There are more than a few young, and old(erish) people out there that need every ounce of hope we can give them. What an amazing young woman you are to get this going, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi,
      Thank you for being so nice and supporting me!! I think we can all be great together!!!

      Delete