Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Have you ever heard the saying 'that sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me.' This is a lie. The saying should be 'sticks and stones can break my bones but words can kill me.' A broken bone will heal, and will even heal stronger then it was before. But words will never leave your mind. Since the beginning of time there has been a dictionary of names, and labels that seems to be updated every year. The things that people say can damage a persons self esteem for life. Our own definition of beauty should not be skin deep. We should not judge a person from what they look like, or what they may be. No one knows the true pain a person is going through until they take the time to listen, not to judge but to truly listen. Some may think of you as a 'popper', or even a 'cutter', those are some of the names I got called when I going though my own personal pain.
Why do we judge a person based on what they look like, there past, or even there actions? Is beauty really only skin deep? No! Beauty is so much more. Beauty is the battles we have had to fight. Beauty is the times we stood alone. Beauty is not how much you weigh, the habits you have, or even the way you look. A while ago I was called a fat cow. But I am beautiful. I haven't always been able to look in the mirror and see my beauty. When I used to look in the mirror I would only see the things I was called. Now I am able to look longer, or even 'get a better mirror' I see what others don't have to see. I see what I was created to be. I can now see my beauty. My looks, body type, or skin are NOT what make me beautiful. The struggles I have been through, the way I strive to help others are what make me beautiful. Every time I hear those name or the labels I was labeled with I KNOW that they are wrong. We all have to believe that they are wrong. Seeing your true beauty doesn't come from those around you. True beauty comes from looking in the mirror and looking back on what made you strong, on what made you, you. Seeing your beauty starts when you start to believe that everyone else is wrong! I can promise that every person on this earth is beautiful in there own way. They may not look the prettiest, or the most handsome, but if they are true to them selves they are beautiful. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Never listen to the labels and names. They are wrong. True beauty is not on the outside.  True beauty lies in the heart of each and every one of us!!  We are beautiful...

Here is a link to a video I love!
 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjy1bW_hI3MAhUKz2MKHXIvD7oQyCkIHjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dltun92DfnPY&usg=AFQjCNH6kcir2RubFWXg4ok1EamCQXi3Sw&sig2=VFC3a7zpuR4yYe4pQxtHWw&bvm=bv.119745492%2Cd.cGc

3 comments:

  1. You are an amazing young woman Shawnee. I am very proud of your courage to press forward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy your support and kindness mean very much to me, thank you!!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete